Harder Is Not Better, Part III of III
Harder is Not Better, Part III of III
By Monette Benoit, All Rights Reserved.
As I continue to work captioning jobs, to tutor and coach court reporters, CART (Communication Assistance Realtime Translation) students, and captioners, I have shared this memory moment when appropriate.
I have been (pleasantly) reassured that others also have felt that they too were pounding their computer keyboard and perhaps their steno keyboard.
Many students, working court reporters, CART providers, broadcast captioners, and professionals outside our field have made a ‘touch shift’ on their keyboards or added tweaking(s) and modifications.
Voila – they had (much) different results, too.
My lesson and their lesson as related back to me each time, “Harder is not better.”
Students and court reporters are now extending my “harder is not better” lesson into practice time.
Students and court reporters are now passing speed tests in school and online.
Professional court reporters, CART providers, and broadcast captioners are now reaching for new certifications, and now cruising through their day with a wider view of this drawing attention to one little detail.
One detail does make a huge difference in our steno world.
It works, folks. It does indeed.
A new focus is a gift for any day, any evening – and for any long event when the speaker (witness and/or captioned event) goes on and on and on.
A new focus can be good when we are mentally waiting for the job, the assignment to come to a close.
With your focus – wherever you focus – my wish is that you have creative moments with your choices, your goals, and your “knowing” awareness.
Part I of III is posted June 4, 2014, Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com and www.CRRbooks.com
Part II of III is posted June 18, 2014, Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com and www.CRRbooks.com
Part III of III is posted June 30, 2014, Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com and www.CRRbooks.com
Monette, the Court Reporting Whisperer, may be reached: Monette@ARTCS.com and Monette@CRRbooks.com
Monette Benoit, B. B.A., CCR, CRI, CPE, Paralegal
Tutor, Motivational Management & Career Coach,
Multiple-Title Author of Books & Test Prep for the Court Reporting and CART Captioning Industry
Realtime Court Reporter, Instructor, Consultant, Columnist
Court Reporter Reference Books & CDs: www.CRRbooks.com
Blog: Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com
* Educational/Career Advancement; Private Tutoring/Customized Coaching
Have you failed NCRA’s RPR, RDR, or a state court reporting exam?
“Get ‘eR Done in Just One” – as evidenced by the many students and professionals who study Court Reporter Reference Books to pass their RPR, CSR, and RDR exams on the first test. Testimonials are online — from students, instructors, program directors, CART Captioners, novice and senior court reporters, www.CRRbooks.com.
** Pedagogically sound, covering a wealth of material with facts, tips, and comprehensive information, the Purple Books from CRRbooks.com are time-tested and proven in the classroom with educators and with independent study.
The “Complete NCRA RPR, RDR, and CSR Test Prep Textbook, 6th Edition” has greatly expanded testing tips, testing focus, NCRA COPE Ethics, grammar sections, plus — legal, Latin, court, English, grammar, vocabulary, medical, technology and computer chapters. www.CRRbooks.com
The Workbook contains **2,002 practice test questions; the Companion Study Guide cross-references every word in the workbook’s 2,002 multiple-choice text practice questions.
The “Full Test Prep Set” and “Trio Test Prep” – each listed on www.CRRbooks.com
Monette will help you to pass your test and to exceed schooling and career goals. http://crrbooks.com/index.php?cPath=61
Did You Know: You can accelerate your career with private tutoring and career coaching? Court reporting veteran Monette Benoit can help you achieve your goals.
Tutoring and career coaching topics include:
• Motivational skills to keep you moving forward,
• Time-management skills,
• Process learning for more effective retention,
• Development of skills to author your book, your blog, and how to publish,
• Communication skills, daily interaction improvement skills, and much more.
Who comes to Monette for tutoring and career coaching?
• Professionals who want to achieve their goals, create new possibilities, advance their career, author their book, and to develop the dream within,
• Veteran and novice court reporters, CART (Communication Access Real-Time Translation) providers, and broadcast captioners brushing up on their skills for test-taking requirements,
• In-class students who feel they’re “stuck” and falling behind, or aren’t ready for the required tests,
• Students and veterans who struggle with focus, goal-setting, time-management or other life skills that might be interfering in their upward success,
• At-home students who want to ensure they’re on track for their exams and for their career goals,
• Veteran court reporters, CART Captioners expanding their career options in related fields,
• Students and veterans alike who find they’re struggling with key areas of daily practice,
• Students or veterans who have begun to question their career or whether they’re on the “right track” …
Check out: Reach Your Goals with Tutoring and Career Coaching
Monette Benoit, the Court Reporting Whisperer, can help you achieve at much high levels.
Where do you want to go? ** What have you ‘really’ wanted to do with your career, and ultimately, your life?
* No two are alike. Specific custom-designed guidance efficiently assists you!
About Monette Benoit:
As a 25+ year court reporter, CART Captioner, author of NCRA test prep material, and an instructor, public speaker, Monette Benoit has taught multiple theories, academics, all speed classes, and the 225 homeroom within NCRA-approved schools and a community college. She understands the challenges many adults now face in our industry and schooling.
Monette Benoit has worked with thousands of professionals, court reporters, CART Captioners, students, and instructors.
She has also helped to create new court reporting training programs, worked with federal grants, and assisted instructors in developing curriculum for both in-class and at-home students.
Her one-on-one tutoring, private coaching, has greatly assisted thousands of students, novice and experienced professionals to privately reach the next level.
Monette’s Musings is a blog containing information for busy professionals, students, and individuals who are fearless and seek to create their success each day. Reach up. Bring it. * Bring it today!