Harder is Not Better, Part II of III
By Monette Benoit, All Rights Reserved.
Several days later, when I needed to quickly reply to a work e-mail, his computer was on a desk sitting unused while he was online with another job.
Silently, he gestured to his chair. I slipped into the chair and quickly composed the “asap-needed reply” on his computer.
Mr. IT Man quickly crossed the room, “Stop pounding on my computer! You are banging on that keyboard, and you are pounding the mouse on my desk!”
I finished my e-mail, stood, and smiled.
No words appeared to be necessary at that moment.
Later that afternoon, I wondered if the small pain in an arm (or two) might be related.
With the possible pain-related focus, I zipped up the road.
I raced into a store (every second counts, right?), placed a new keyboard under my arm, went straight to the counter, and purchased another keyboard with another wireless mouse. Then I hurried back to the office.
Once I plugged that puppy in, I was shocked to discover that I was pounding the keyboard. I was banging the mouse and had to adjust my touch to work with the new keyboard and new wireless mouse.
When I next saw the IT person, I noticed him watching me type.
He viewed the older keyboard on the floor leaning against the
Then he gestured to the new keyboard and said, “So, you finally got it, right?”
I did not sigh. I sat tall.
I paused before replying, “Yes.” Again, additional words were not necessary.
Why am I sharing this?
Part II of III is posted June 18, 2014, Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com and www.CRRbooks.com
Part III of III is posted June 30, 2014, Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com and www.CRRbooks.com
Monette, the Court Reporting Whisperer, may be reached: Monette@ARTCS.com and Monette@CRRbooks.com
Monette Benoit, B. B.A., CCR, CRI, CPE, Paralegal
Tutor, Motivational Management & Empowerment Life Coach,
Multiple Title Author of Books & Test Prep for the Court Reporting, CART, & Captioning Industry,
Realtime Court Reporter, Instructor, Consultant, Columnist
All American RealTime/Captioning Services, Inc.: www.ARTCS.com
Court Reporter Reference Books & CDs: www.CRRbooks.com
Blog: Monette’s Musings, www.monettebenoit.com
* Educational/Career Advancement; Private Tutoring/Customized Coaching
Have you failed NCRA’s RPR, RMR, RDR, or a state court reporting exam?
Monette will help you to pass your test and to exceed schooling and career goals. http://crrbooks.com/index.php?cPath=61
Did You Know: www.CRRbooks.com has material to help you advance skills for NCRA exams and state certifications?
Did You Know: You can accelerate your career with private tutoring and empowerment coaching?
Court reporting veteran Monette Benoit can help you achieve your goals.
Empowerment coaching and tutoring topics include:
• Motivational skills to keep you moving forward,
• Time-management skills,
• Process learning for more effective retention,
• Development of skills to author your book, your blog, and how to publish,
• Communication skills, daily interaction improvement skills, and much more.
Who comes to Monette for tutoring and empowerment coaching?
• Professionals who want to achieve their goals, to create new possibilities, to advance their career, to author their book, and to develop the dream within,
• Veteran and novice court reporters, CART providers, and broadcast captioners brushing up on their skills for test-taking requirements,
• In-class students who feel they’re “stuck” and falling behind, or aren’t ready for the required tests,
• Students and veterans who struggle with focus, goal-setting, time-management or other life skills that might be interfering in their upward success,
• At-home students who want to ensure they’re on track for their exam and career goals,
• Veteran court reporters, CART providers, and broadcast captioners expanding their career options in related fields,
• Students and veterans alike who find they’re struggling with key areas of daily practice,
• Students or veterans who have begun to question their career or whether they’re on the “right track” …
Check out: Reach Your Goals with Tutoring and Empowerment Coaching
Monette Benoit, the Court Reporting Whisperer, can help you achieve at much high levels.
Where do you want to go? What have you really wanted to do with your career, and ultimately, your life?
Specific custom-designed guidance efficiently assists you!
About Monette Benoit:
As a 25+ year court reporter, CART provider, author of NCRA test prep material, and an instructor, public speaker, Monette Benoit has taught multiple theories, academics, all speed classes, and the 225 homeroom within NCRA-approved schools and a community college. She understands the challenges many adults now face in our industry and schooling.
Monette Benoit has worked with thousands of professionals, court reporters, CART providers, captioners, students, and instructors. She has also helped create new court reporting training programs, worked with federal grants, and assisted instructors in developing curriculum for both in-class and at-home students.
Her one-on-one tutoring, private coaching, has greatly assisted thousands of students, novice and experienced professionals to privately reach the next level.
Monette’s Musings is a blog containing information for busy professionals, students, and individuals who are fearless and seek to create their success each day.